Forney easy weld 140 MP is an excellent release from the Forney industry to complete your day-to-day welding works. This semi-professional multi-process welder comes at a reasonable price with a one-year warranty.
This welder was targeted for beginners to the intermediate user, hobbyist, do-it-yourself home user. However, professionals can use this welder for some lite works. Heavy industrial welding work is not recommended for this product. So it is essential to check all the supported features which I have listed in our Forney easy weld 140 MP Review article.
A Complete Overview on Forney Easy Weld 140 MP Review
If you consider a mid-range portable welding product, you must check out the Forney easy weld 140 MP. This overview guide will allow you to familiarize yourself with the product and answer all your concerns.
The Forney industry is America’s longest-running industry operating since 1932, ensuring quality to maintain customer trust over the years. Engineers of the Forney industry from the USA and Europe use Forney specifications to build cutting-edge welding products.
Forney easy weld 140 MP is an example of their quality works. The entire unit is remarkably well put. Both metal and plastic parts of the product were designed in a polished way that gives the product a good look.
One of the best features of this product is it can offer up to 140 amps at 120V. Most household electricity operates in that range (110V-120V); you can get 140amp output from your home setup. With the exciting power feature, the welder can weld from 24 gauge up to ¼in mild steel.
The Forney easy weld 140 MP weighs 24.81lbs. This lite weight feature allows the user to carry it without difficulties and work in different locations.
The rugged case, well-designed metal parts, portability, and the Forney industry’s specifications make the Forney easy weld 140 MP a reliable customer unit.
In terms of performance, the Forney easy weld 140 will satisfy your welding needs. MIG welding, TIG welding, core flux welding, and stick welding are all from one unit, and the switching process is quick and easy. Infinite voltage and wire feed speed control will allow you to control your welding and achieve smooth work with less spatter in the edges.
The metal case around the machine is a good addition as one can use it in difficult situations without damaging the device. In addition, all casting saves the product from overheating.
This satisfying performance comes with a year of warranty, which lets the user use it without worrying too much.
The Forney easy weld 140 MP is a multi-process welder; you can use it for MIG, TIG, and Stick welding. For a multi-process welder, the price is very appropriate.
For novice to intermediate users, this price is fair considering other available products in the market that provide similar features.
Who Should Buy Forney Easy Weld 140 MP
This welder was built for beginner-friendly use. So from beginner to semi-professional, hobbyist, occasional user, DIY user can use the product according to their needs. Nonetheless, professional welders can use it for their not-so-heavy welding works.
If you are looking for a product for simple house welding, small farm use, automotive shop welding, repair shop welding, metal fabrication work, or for a metal artist Forney easy weld 140 MP is the right decision for you.
- Multi-process welder; MIG, TIG, Stick welding.
- Dimensions: 14.19in x 19.31in x 11.61in.
- Weight: 24.81lbs. Portable.
- Input Voltage: 120V
- Rated output voltage range: 12V-23V.
- Rated output current range: 43A-110A.
- Full output current range: 10A-1401A.
- Weldable Material: Mild steel.
- Plate thickness range: 24 gauge up to ¼in.
- No gas is required.
- No foot pedal is required.
- Uses gaseless wire 0.030in/0.035in.
- Up to 1/8in. Stick electrode.
- Wire-speed 79-197 IPM.
- Duty cycle: Stick 30% at 80amps, MIG 30% at 90amps, TIG 30% at 110amps.
The Forney easy weld 140 MP comes with a three-year warranty for all the parts of the battery charger. It offers a one-year warranty for the parts outside of the battery charger, including the rugged welder case. However, the warranty is reduced to 90 days if the welder is used for industrial work.
- Multi-process welder allows MIG welding, stick welding, and TIG welding. (Accessories for TIG welding must be bought separately)
- Switch process easily and quickly.
- Easy setup.
- Can operate in household input voltage.
- Beginner-friendly machine.
- Dismounting the gun from the welding unit takes a short time.
- Excellent wire loading.
- Safety measure with all casting that prevents the unit from overheating.
- Looks and design are standard.
- You have to buy accessories for TIG welding separately.
- MIG welding gas regulator is not included.
- Extra parts are compatible only with the Forney industry.
- It only takes a 120V input voltage supply.
- Current type only DC.
- Low duty cycle.
Recommended MIG Welder Accessories for Better Use
There are some additional welder accessories you can use to increase the productivity of your Forney easy weld 140 MP.
- Contact Tips (60170, 60171, 60172)
- Welding Nozzles (85336, 85337)
- Diffuser (85339)
- Mild Steel Mig Wire (42285, 42286, 42290, 42291)
- Flux Core MIG Wire (42300, 42301)
- Gun/Torch (85500)
- Anti-Spatter Spray (37030)
- Nozzle Gel (37031)
- 9v TIG Torch (85657) size 25 dinse
- TIG Welding ceramic cup (85454)
- 2% Thoriated Tungsten electrode (85450)
The Forney easy weld 140 MP is, without a doubt, a standout release from the Forney industry. The green-colored multi-process 3in1 unit is the right choice if you are a beginner or a semi-professional user. This product will not let you hang during your welding work, and you will enjoy using it to your perfection.
If you still have any questions related to Forney easy weld 140 MP Review, you can comment below.